Bespoke emotional and practical support for families that have a child with a life threatening or terminal illness
Supporting families with seriously ill children
When a child has a serious illness, family life is turned upside down and time becomes more precious than ever. Rainbow Trust pairs each family with an expert Family Support Worker, who provides tailored practical and emotional support for families in whatever way they need us, for however long is needed. We support the whole family including parents, carers, the unwell child, brothers, sisters and grandparents. Support is hugely varied and depends on the family’s needs. It can include:
- Taking families to and from hospital saving families time, stress, and money
- Keeping a child company in hospital or providing a distraction during treatment
- Organising fun days out for sick children or their siblings
- Listening to a parent’s fears and anxieties
- Supporting parents and siblings through bereavement and grief.